The ANZSB hope to make student grants available in the future. In the meantime student are encouraged to seek financial support from the ISB, links and brief details are provided below.
ANZSB Publication of the Year
A call for applications will be made in December 2016.
The ANZSB Publication of the Year Award recognises publication of excellent biomechanical research by ANZSB members. The award will comprise $250 and a certificate.
It is anticipated that one award will be granted each year. A call for submissions will be made through the ANZSB Newsletter.
The nomination is for a publication, not a person. The award is shared by the authors of the publication.
Please click here to find the guidlines.
ANZSB Travel Grant
We are now calling for student applications to support presenting at one of the following confrences
International Society of Biomechanics in Sport
American Society of Biomechanics
European Society of Biomechancis
International Socieity of Electrphysiology and Kinesiology
Applications close 13 May 2016
One travel award will be offered to a student. If there is more than one application for the award, a panel of ANZSB executive members will award the applicant who, in the panel’s opinion, has the best abstract.
Only ANZSB members are eligible to apply. To become a member please visit http://www.anzsb.asn.au/membership/membership.htm.
- Applicants for student awards must be enrolled in a research higher degree (Honours, Research Masters, PhD) at the time of submission
- Applicants and their supervisor must be financial members of the ANZSB. To check your membership status, please contact Prof Rob Herbert firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be the presenting author, must attend the conference, must acknowledge support from ANZSB in their presentation, and be willing to write a review of the conference for an ANZSB newsletter
- Submit the following to Professor Rob Herbert (ANZSB Secretary/Treasurer) at email@example.com by 2nd October. You should receive a confirmation email.
- Include with the application:
- Your abstract (including title and author list)
- (For student awards) the name of your university and supervisor.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email and posted in the ANZSB Newsletter.
Congratulations to Gillian Weir from the University of Western Australia in recieving a travel award to assit her in traveling to Sports Medicine Australia 2015
Congratulations to the following winners of the ANZSB travel awards to help them on their way to ISB in Glasgow
Student - Brent Raiteri, University of Queensland
ECMR - Bart Bolsterlee, Neuroscience Research Australia
Brent will be presenting "Feasibility and reliability of three-dimensional ultrasound for measuring human tibialis anterior muscle deformation during isometric contractions" on the Monday.
Bart will be presenting "Accuracy of ultrasound measurements of human medial gastrocnemius muscle architecture" on the Tuesday
ISB Grant Scheme
The Matching Dissertation Grant Program:
There will be several competitive grants of $US2500 made for doctoral dissertation research. A condition is that the applicant will have a commitment from her/his institution or another source to provide a further matching $US2500 or equivalent. This program is applicable to those who are doctoral candidates and are seeking assistance with costs of their dissertation research
The International Travel Grant Program:
In order to allow student members to travel abroad to experience science in other cultures, we will offer several grants of $US2500 for travel related to biomechanics research. A report on the accomplishments during the trip will be expected by the committee.